"Art engenders empathy in a way that politics doesn't, in a way that nothing else really does. Art creates change in people's hearts."
- Lin-Manuel Miranda
REPRESENT School of Acting and Media Arts
Get A Top Notch Acting & Media Arts Education...Free of Charge
At REPRESENT School of Acting and Media Arts, students will take part in a rigorous acting and/or screen writing curriculum taught by knowledgable and experienced instructors who volunteer their services to set our students up for success in the entertainment industry.
The school is based in Los Angeles, California, providing students access to and connections within the very center of the entertainment industry.
Over the course of the program, working actors and screenwriters will teach master classes and offer their wisdom and experience to students.
At the end of the program, students will have the opportunity to showcase their talent and work to agents and gain representation crucial to successful entry into the entertainment industry.
All applicants must be 18 years or older and complete an application which includes:
- A 1-2 page essay on the importance of representation in media and how the applicant believes they can and will contribute to the mission of Represent.
- A 1-2 page Personal Statement.
- Screenwriting applicants will also need to submit a writing sample and include 1-2 paragraphs describing one script idea they would like to develop during the program.
- Assessment of financial need.
- Based on the applications, aspiring actors will receive callbacks and complete an audition.
- Based on the applications, screenwriting applications will receive callbacks and complete an interview.
*Classes will be held weekly in the Los Angeles area. Program duration is 6-8 months depending on the program.
Interested in applying for the 2017 term? Stay connected by joining our mailing list!